Viber Install: What Are the Supported Devices?
Viber has more than 800 million users and is one of the most used messaging apps on the planet. As long as users have an internet connection, they can make calls and send messages to anyone all over the world. It’s clearly a cost-saving option for those who have family and friends located in different parts of the globe. With Viber, communication with them is made more convenient. These are the platforms where Viber is supported:
- iOS – any device running iOS 8 or higher, including iPhones, iPads, and Apple Watches (full functionality can’t be guaranteed if your device is jailbroken)
- Android – any device running Android 4.0 and above, including smartphones, tablets, and Android Wear
- Windows Phone – any smartphone or tablet running on Windows 10
- Windows desktops – any that runs on Windows XP or higher (XP SP3, Vista, 7, 8, 10)
- Mac computers – any that runs on OSX10.7 or higher
- Linux desktops – any that runs on Ubuntu 64 bit and Fedora
Minimum requirements for installing Viber
If you have any of the devices listed above, you can install Viber. However, there are minimum requirements for you to enjoy the experience – and it’s not that much. Here’s what you need to use Viber:
- A strong internet connection – it’s better to use WiFi as much as possible, otherwise Viber works with 3G and 4G.
- A dual core processor – this is intended for desktop computer users.
- A microphone, speaker, and webcam – these will come in handy when making voice and video calls on the computer.
Viber is one of the most popular messaging applications available for cost-saving communication. The good news is that it can run on the most used mobile platforms available today. The makers of the app also frequently update it with new features, like the latest one which allows playback of YouTube videos.