Have you encountered problems regarding the recording or playback device with Skype? If so, then you are not alone, because this is a common issue that might appear occasionally. In fact, Windows 10 users reported issues such as this one. Good thing though, there is a quick fix for this problem.
You might find it very annoying when you encounter this issue, which makes you unable to hear the other person during a call. Here are a few quick fixes to solve this problem.
Delete Audio Device
You can uninstall your audio driver to resolve the problem with the recording and playback.
- Click Windows Key + X -> select Device Manager from the dropdown list
- Go to Sound, video and game controllers option and find your audio device
- Then, right-click on the audio device and select Uninstall.
- When you have already uninstalled the audio device, you can now restart your computer. Don’t worry, Windows 10 will automatically install it.
This won’t need a genius to perform because you just have to restart Skype. Simply locate Skype icon from the Taskbar, then right-click on it and select Quit. After you have successfully closed Skype, you can restart the app and check if the issue persists.
Ensure Playback Device Has Been Set In Skype
You need to choose the right audio device to avoid any problems concerning playback or recording in Skype. Thus, you have to choose the playback device in Skype as you mimic these steps.
- Open Skype and choose Tools -> Options
- Go to Audio settings and click the Speakers tab
- Choose the right or proper audio device and then click Save to continue as you apply the changes
- You can notice that your issue no longer exists
You can also try a number of different audio devices in the Skype settings before you can finally locate one that would work for you.