Quick Options To Perform iPhone Hard Reset On Your Apple Device
If you are looking forward to make a hard reset on your iPhone, then you have come to the right place. Basically, there are a number of reasons why you need to do this procedure. So, here are a couple of ways to perform a hard reset on your iPhone.
You need to check if the device can be normally shut down. This is required only when the device has shown some signs that it is no longer responsive.
- Just hold the Power button until it displays “Slid to power off” across the top screen. Simply slide it to the right.
- If that wouldn’t work on your device, you can use the Power button + Home button combination for iPhone 6S or earlier.
- You can also use Power button + volume-down button or iPhone 7 and 7Plus
- If you are using an iPhone 8, 8+, and X, you must use the Volume up -> Volume down -> Power button.
- You may also use the Power + Home button combination. You need to do this for 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears on your screen before you release the buttons.
- Simply open Settings -> Tap the Apple ID registered to that device. You may be required to Sign in if you are not yet signed in. Just enter the Apple ID and password before you tap the Sign In button.
- You may also tap the iCloud button found at the second section of the menu.
- Then, scroll down to the iCloud Backup button and tap it.
- You have to tap the Back Up Now button I you are going to reset your iPhone. However, you need to be connected via Wi-Fi so that you can back up your iPhone.
After backing up your content to your device, you have to click the Apple ID at the upper-left corner of the screen. Then, tap the Settings -> General -> Reset. You will have options to Reset All Settings or Erase All Content and Settings. You will also be required to enter your passcode. Then, you can now tap the button to Erase iPhone.