You know, I’ve been trying to put my finger on why the Bill Ayers stuff bugs me so much. Sure, it’s an absurd charge, but now I think I realize why it really bothers me.
Why would the McCain campaign put Sarah Palin out there to ask “Who is the real Barack Obama?” when 95% of the country didn’t know who she was until a month ago?
Let’s look at the facts…
- She blames the media for her bad interviews.
- She’ll no longer do any interviews with unfriendly news sources.
- She won’t hold a public press conference.
- She won’t go on any of the Sunday newsers.
- Meanwhile, her husband belonged to a secessionist political group for years that still advocates Alaska leaving the Union.
- Meanwhile, the founder of that group is quoted as saying, “My government is my worst enemy. Iâ€™m going to fight them with any means at hand.”
- Meanwhile, she recorded a video greeting for their convention this year.
So I ask you…who is real Sarah Palin?
Seriously. I’m not being dramatic. What do we really know about this woman? What do we know about her beliefs? Can you imagine if Michelle Obama belonged to a secessionist group? I mean, come on people…why isn’t this getting more traction?
Doug pointed me towards the following video, and the videographer asks McCain supporters about their opinions about Obama after these latest charges.
It ain’t pretty…
Do McCain and Palin really think it’s a smart move to hint at the idea that the first African-American president could be a terrorist? Sure, they’re not saying that explicitly, but when you talk about “palling around” with terrorists, what do you think your supporters are going to believe? I think we saw the result in that video.
Or, to put it another way, don’t you think that idea could get inside some nuts’ head and they might think they have to stop Obama for the good of the country?
How dare she.
And furthermore…how dare he.